The
Redcrosse Knight and the Dragon: Part1
Few stories are more captivating than that of the
Redcrosse Knight and the Dragon. The epic verse of a brave young knight who battles a titanic fire-breathing dragon for three days is one of the most dramatic conflicts in English literature. To read the text click here:
(Faerie Queene. Book1, Canto 11) I have always wanted to illustrate the scene for some years but have never found the opportunity. A recent private commisssion has allowed me to explore this story again and I am using the chance to post its evolution on this blog.
This first part shows the sketching stage of the project as I explore different possible compositions and angles. This is by no means finished, and as a work in progress I hope to show all the false starts and corrections that an artist makes as a project develops.
Keep checking back for updates and evolutions....
WOC
0 Yorumlar