Hi Everyone. Happy Monday.
Thought I would show you what is in the works over at Junk Chic Cottage.
 |
I found these custom plantation shutters on Offer Up. Offer Up is a site here where people post up all kinds of things they want to sell. I have been very lucky and found some great things at great prices.
These shutters while hard to see with the lighting are all white and fit my front window perfectly. I scored them for $75 and when I had a company come out to give me an estimate on doing these kind of shutters on my windows they told me this window alone would be $500 to make similar shutters.
So I think I got a pretty good bargain. The lady that sold them to me said she had them custom made for her living room window and then decided she did not like them. Win for me!! |
Ok you know how one things lead to another. It is a domino effect when you change up something in your decor RIGHT?!!! Well I loved how these shutters opened up my front window with still giving me privacy.
 |
| As you can see in this picture the cornice is pretty and so are my check drapes. Under the drapes are wood 2 inch blinds that are so hard to keep clean. That all came down. |
 |
Now the window has opened up the room. It feels so much bigger. Ok here is the part that one thing leads to another!!! After Terry hung the shutters for me I started to look at the white walls!!! Hmmmm I think I need to add a little color!!! What color from me!!!! Yep I felt like it was too stark now and I needed to give the walls some color to make all my chippy whites pop. |
 |
| This is the other long wall across the living room. This wall needs some color too. My big farmhouse window and shutters came down so this wall could get some paint too. |
 |
| So now my old farmhouse window and shutters pop on the gray wall. |
 |
| I like the white shutters and trim with the gray walls. |
 |
My little house looks like a bomb went off everywhere. I hope to have this room back together and I will show you some new decor pieces I have for the newly painted walls. I am loving the light gray walls with all my white trim and decor pieces. |
 |
The gray walls also compliment my wallpaper. It looks like decor hoarder lives here right now!!!
I will get this room together soon to show you the new pieces along with how the paint and new shutters made a big difference in this room. |
 |
I got this new piece from Julie Norkus a wonderful artist that I buy different pretties from at the markets I visit. Julie had a great frame on this but when I got it home I discovered one of my vintage frames fit. This piece is going to be in my kitchen with some new change ups in there. Hope to show you those soon too. |
 |
Fall was beginning to appear last week. Nice daytime temps and cool evenings. Now this week we are back with high 80's and humid summer weather. I guess Mother Nature does not know what she wants to do here in Illinois for fall just yet. So my watering and carrying for what flowers I have left continues.
Have a great new week. Hope to be back soon with some of the changes going on around here.
Terry finished building the Murphy Bed in the guest room. Now we just have to figure out the front of the cabinet for the bed. Hope to find something cool to do there and then I can show you that piece.
I am so excited I can have a queen bed in my little bedroom that acts as the three in one room.
Hugs Happy Week. Kris :) |
0 Yorumlar