Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tips for making builder cabinets look custom

I'm nearing the end of my latest room makeover and I'm SO happy with how it looks! Just one more big project and a few small ones to complete before the final reveal! You can read about all of the big changes to our mud/laundry room storage situation here

Here's a reminder of what we started with on this wall: 
folding table with fabric curtain

We hid the kitty litter underneath and the top was supposed to be a folding table. Haha! There was rarely room to fold anything. As much as I have decluttered and organized in our home, we still needed a spot for many items around the house. A lot of them ended up on this counter! 

Then we had some upper cabinets moved from over the washer and dryer to this spot, and I installed four inexpensive drawer units on the bottom: 
unfinished drawer cabinets

They are the basic unfinished cabinets you can find at any large hardware store. 

I later added this gorgeous wood countertop I had been drooling over for years!: 
Ikea herringbone butcher block

This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. 
See my policies and disclosure page for more information.  

After that it was time to change up those basic cabinets into something more custom. I had a plan to transform the drawer fronts to match the simple Shaker design of our uppers. 

Online it looked like the drawer fronts were completely flat. But when I picked them up I realized they had a slight bevel to them: 
Read the full post

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar