Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Sunday Salon: Blissfully Boring


Good morning and Happy Sunday. As I sit here sipping my coffee, reflecting upon the past week, I am struck by how quiet the house is with just three of us here. It hasn't been like this in five months. In addition, it's been a week where I haven't driven more than 30 minutes in any direction.  Will this continue? Probably not, but it has been a blissfully normal (some might even call it boring) week.

What have I done? Laundry, odds and ends around the house, fall clean-up outdoors, had my teeth cleaned, started stocking the freezer, walked the dog, watched baseball and high school football, and tried 5 new recipes for Trish's Pin It and Do It challenge. Like I said, blissfully boring. We'll see what the week ahead has in store.

Surprisingly, there was not much reading other than a few chapters of The Submission by Amy Waldman. This novel about building a 9/11 memorial is my book club's next selection. I can already tell that we're going to have a great discussion, but it looks like I might not make it to the meeting because...

Random House Open House in New York City is Friday November 2. Now that I have a place to stay in the city, I might just attend. Anyone else planning to go?

On audio, it's become clear that I can do nothing else while listening to Colin Firth read The End of the Affair by Graham Greene. I am riveted to his voice, of course, but the book is so depressing - not at all conducive to exercise, housework, etc. It's a short book but, at this rate, could take a month to finish.

In the car, I am listening to This is How You Lose Her by Junot Díaz read by the author... a book that is slowly growing on me, despite having more f-bombs than anything I've ever read!

Today we're seeing Syracuse Opera's production of Tosca, then celebrating my twin sisters' 39th birthdays, again! Hope it's a great day for you, too.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar