Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MONDAY RECIPE POST - OATMEAL FAVORITE


I have always enjoyed oatmeal.  My mother used to send us off to school - usually on a cold morning - having just eaten a bowl of 'porridge', as we used to call it.  I saw this version at The Kitchn and the link for the recipe can be found here.

Morning Oatmeal
1 serving

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup 2 percent milk (or you can use whole)
2 teaspoons of honey or brown sugar
A pinch of cinnamon
A pinch of salt

Suggested toppings: a handful of berries or chopped fruit, a spoonful of nuts or nut butter, a sprinkle of flaxseed or shredded coconut.

Instructions: combine all the ingredients in a small pot over high heat.  Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until oats are plump and the mixture is thick.

Serve immediately with your toppings of choice. 
~~~~~~
It felt like an oatmeal morning today.  I have had this version for a while.  Usually I like to make several servings in a crockpot with apples and dried cranberries, but this was for one serving and I could whip it up quickly.

I couldn't find the cinnamon and did not use.  Still very tasty.  The toppings on hand were strawberries, blueberries and walnuts, a favorite combination of mine.  

The snow is still on the ground but none forecast for a while. (This was from Saturday.)


We have one more day to enjoy our company.  It has been a lovely weekend.



I'm leaving you with this photo and wise words.  I am not sure where it came from.  I forgot to take a note at the time I collected it, but I thought it was lovely and worthy of sharing.





Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is a great one.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar