Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Indoors

Over the last 2 weeks I have had little choice about what I could do. The pleurisy pain has subsided quite a bit so it has been lots of indoor jobs for me.
It has been too cold to work in the greenhouse so OH got a huge bag of compost from Morrisons and put in the conservatory. I was able to sow some seeds indoors. This is where I have been spending most of my time. We never use the underfloor heating but as I had been poorly it has been on for a few days. It has really brought the seedlings along. The indoor grapevine thinks that Spring is here.





My mother has been having a clear out. She brought me a packet of seeds that she bought in Tenerife on her last visit. It really was her last visit with Dad as he fell and hurt himself and vowed at 92 it was best if he stayed nearer home. These seeds were light and flimsy but I am thrilled I got one to germinate.
It is known as a tulip tree and grows well in Tenerife. It says it is hardy but It might have to reside indoors in the winter. She also found one of the rugs my Great Gran used to sit and crochet from oddments of everyone’s wool. I washed it carefully as this was the days before many man made fibres. I have used it to snuggle up in the snug while Iam blog reading or watching i player.

She made a fair few of these. I think this was considered to be a less attractive one. I think it goes beautifully in the snug and I love it. I couldn’t put an exact age on it but I think it was around before I was born, so approaching sixty years old.
Only light snow for us so far. The sky is darkening as I look north over Burford and beyond. It might be our turn to get some significant snow. I hope not. I love my home but crave some milder weather so I can get out walking. Probably not a good idea to go out in this extreme cold. I do not want to end up in hospital again. One thing about staying in so much is you don’t spend much money. I have time to make do and mend. I have been creative with food I have in the freezer and cupboards. Stay warm and safe!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar