Firstly I just have to thank everyone for their recent comments, they are much appreciated. In particular, Granny J is some kind of genius, the bulldog clips I didn't want to part with but had no use for are now in the pantry keeping opened bags safe and sound. I had been using clothes pegs to keep bags clipped up, now I can keep them for their real use. Thank you Granny J!
So yesterday I sorted out the spare room wardrobe. The mess in here had built up over a really short period of time, other than my quilting bag and small sewing machine it had been empty when my parents came to visit at the start of June.
The hot weather was part of the problem, we've been switching between bedrooms, depending on which side of the house was cooler, and we bought a lighter weight duvet, so bedding was all over the place (and I own too much stuff). The once things start to pile up, other things start to pile up in the same place.
| cushion pads and wadding |
| spare bedding |
The Wrapping Paper Curse struck again. If there is one thing at home I can't stand it's having too much wrapping paper, especially if it's themed so I can't just use it year round for various occasions. In with the wrapping paper were lots of other packing materials - we've bought quite a few prints this year so we have loads of bubblewrap. There were also a couple of cardboard tubes that held pictures. The two in the wrapping paper bag still actually contained pictures. One of which is being donated, the others are Festival of Britain posters that I might hang somewhere so I'll keep them for now.
| these were a gift as is so much not-always-wanted stuff |
| bubblewrap for the charity shop |
And the cupboard was back to normal, it still contains part of two quilts I'm not going to finish, but I'll work up to dealing with them.

0 Yorumlar