
I stumbled across this purported Jack Kirby image. It features his many patriotic heroes. I don't know the source of the image though. It seems far too composed to be a convention offering and frankly it seems too derivative to be by the King himself actually. It feels traced to me, but I could very well be wrong on that score.
Here are the sources I located for three of the figures. The Captain America, Fighting American and Speedboy figures seem somewhat too exact to me. I don't recollect Kirby ever repeating himself quite this way.


The Private Strong image seems a modern update of this pose.

And I've not been able to locate the Bucky template, though the pose is a classic Kirbyesque pose.
Was this produced for the Heroes & Villains portfolio perhaps? I'm sure someone knows.
UPDATE: I found the image here and it credits Mike Royer as the artist. That might explain things.
Here's a link with the details about this bit of artwork.
Rip Off

0 Yorumlar