This has been an interesting month, and winter in general. We’ve had lots of cold weather with strong winds, and some milder weather, but hardly any snow. Happily for snowboarders and skiers, and for the economy, it has been plenty cold so the mountains can make snow. There have been snowstorms in much of the state, but we’ve seen hardly anything in terms of precipitation.
As I mentioned, we have some thoughts about changing some of the gardens. The one straight ahead, behind the bench, has been orange day lilies for about ten years.
They are beautiful, but they bloom early and then that’s it for the couple months left in the summer. Last year, we dug some out and put in a few iris and aquilegia and a couple different colored day lilies, but this year we want to do even more. I saw this on Pinterest,
and thought this is just what I want there - a variety of flowers, in different colors. There are some other spaces where we want to try some flowers too, so I bought a variety of perennial seeds that will live in our zone 3 climate. I ordered from a new-to-me company, Swallowtail Garden Seeds, and we'll start them under the grow lights.


0 Yorumlar